Beach Avenue Medical Clinic is a Family Practice located across the street from beautiful Lake Okanagan. We are pleased to be part of the community of Peachland and look forward to serving you, your family, and friends. We extend a sincere welcome to visitors, as well as new or long-time residents of the Okanagan Valley.
We are no longer accepting new patients.
The clinic's current medical director is retiring and Beach Avenue Medical Clinic will cease operations as of March 31, 2019. Our goal is the best and easiest continuity of care. All of our other physicians will be moving their practices to other clinic locations so no patient will lose their family doctor.
Our goal is the best and easiest continuity of care. All of our other physicians will be moving their practices to other clinic locations and hope that all of their patients will follow them. Patients don't need to do anything to ensure that they remain a patient of their family doctor - you will just book appointments at your doctor's new location as of April 1st. We are hoping that prior to that we will be able to secure a new medical director and that physician coverage in Peachland would be seamless. However, as of April 1st the following changes are occurring.
New Physician Locations:
- Dr. Brinkerhoff, the current owner and medical director of the clinic is retiring. Unless otherwise discussed, his patients are being transferred to Dr. Blakemore at Vintage View Medical in Westbank. Phone: 250-452-6742
- Dr Jeff Hoekstra is moving his practice to Kelly Ave Clinic in Summerland. Located at: 13214 Kelly Ave, V0H 1Z0 Phone: 250-494-3432. His last day seeing patients at Beach Ave will be Friday March 22nd. And he will start seeing patients at his new location as of Monday April 1st.
- Dr Alanna Leverrier & Dr. Chantal Fourie are moving their practices to Towne Center Clinic in West Kelowna. Located at: 18-2475 Dobbin Rd, V4T 2E9 Phone: 250-768-8315. Her last day seeing patients at Beach Ave will be Thursday, March 21st and she will start seeing patients at her new location as of Monday April 1st.
- Dr. Chantal Fourie is moving her practice to Towne Center Clinic in West Kelowna. Her last day seeing patients at Beach Ave will be Thursday, March 21st and she will start seeing patients at her new location as of Monday April 1st.
- Dr. Brian Mackay will also be moving his practice to Hillside Medical Clinic. Located at: 114-1920 Summit Drive, Kelowna, V1V 3E9 Phone: 250-763-6322. His last day seeing patients at Beach Ave will be Friday March 22nd. And he will start seeing patients at his new location as of Monday April 1st. Please read Dr. Mackay's letter to his patients.
- The clinic will remain open if a new medical director and a practicing physician can be found.
The clinic will remain open if a new medical director and a practicing physician can be found. At this time there has been interest but no new physicians have been signed.
Beach Avenue Medical Clinic recognizes the value, beauty and wonder of each human person and is committed to partnering with our patients to achieve their optimal health and well-being.
To provide excellent, timely and compassionate care in a friendly yet professional atmosphere.
Dr. John Brinkerhoff
Dr. John Brinkerhoff has been practicing since 1988. He received his training at the University of Alberta and is a member of the Canadian College of Family Physicians. He has a special interest in palliative care and is a member of the KGH sexual assault response team. His personal interests include snowboarding, golf, crossword puzzles and reading. He is a director of Hope for the Nations, an international organization for children in need. He is married and has four children and a growing number of grandchildren.
Dr. Alanna Leverrier
Born and raised in Kelowna, Dr. Alanna Leverrier received her training from the University of British Columbia, as well as the University of Saskatchewan. She is a member of the Canadian College of Family Physicians. She enjoys general family medicine and has special interests in women's health. Dr. Leverrier has a young family whom she enjoys spending her time with. She is patient, kind, and passionate about working in family medicine.
Dr. Jeffrey Hoekstra
Dr. Hoekstra was born in Abbotsford, BC and raised in Armstrong. He graduated from University at UBC Okanagan, finished med school in Ottawa, and completed his residency in Prince George. He is licensed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC, and is a member of the College of Family Physicians of Canada. He also has a passion for medical education, teaching both students and residents. Dr. Hoekstra believes in professional and amicable relationship with his patients, and looks forward to caring for you and your family.
Dr. Chantal Fourie
Dr. Fourie was born and raised in South Africa. When she wasn’t working in Family Medicine, Dr. Fourie travelled the world practicing as Cruise Ship Physician. After moving to Canada in 2013, Dr. Fourie settled in Lloydminster, Alberta where she worked in Family Medicine, Hospital ER, and Long-term care. She is passionate about women’s health, maternity and newborn care, and family medicine. Dr. Fourie and her husband love to spend their weekends skiing and enjoying the outdoors.
Dr. Brian Mackay
Dr. Mackay graduated from Bristol University, UK in 2007. Dr. Mackay and his young family uprooted from the UK and moved to the Okanagan in 2017. Dr. Mackay enjoys full spectrum medicine, ranging from caring for young families to complex chronic disease management in older adults. He is passionate about healthy living and enjoys cycling, skiing, snowshoeing, and playing guitar.
R.N. Lisa Guderyan
Lisa graduated in 2012 with her Bachelors of Science in Nursing from the University of Ottawa. Lisa has worked as a Surgical Nurse in Lloydminster AB and as an OR nurse at Kelowna General Hospital. Lisa is passionate about quality care for the whole family from birth to end of life. Lisa has advanced training in STI/contraceptive management, Foot Care, and Wound Care. Lisa loves spending time outdoors with her husband, young daughter, and her giant dog Burt.