Urgent Access After-Hours: Mon-Fri 3:00-5:00pm
Beach Avenue Medical Clinic is pleased to announce that we will be trialling an urgent access after hours clinic as of June 1, 2018. We will begin registering patients at 2:30pm. Patients may be triaged by the Registered Nurse prior to seeing the physician and will be seen in priority sequence and not always first-come.
The purpose for this service is to care to patients that need to be seen quickly and are unable to access their family physician – the services provided are not meant to replace your ongoing care with your family physician.
- For acute / short term treatment only (Ex: strep, acute infection, laceration, acute pain)
- One complaint per visit
- Maximum one month renewal on regular medications verified on Pharmanet
- No renewals of narcotics or benzodiazepines (sleeping pills, anxiety medications such as Lorazepam, Zopiclone etc)
- Short term prescriptions are allowed if unable to access family physician before prescription runs out.
- No new starts of treatment for complex conditions without signed understanding of continuous care e.g. depression, hypertension, diabetes, hypothyroidism e.t.c.
- All patients are strongly advised to have a designated family physician that manages their ongoing needs.